Thursday, February 2, 2017

Experience as a Person

Hello, everyone! Today, I'll be discussing how my own experience was at the "In Flight" dance concert and the eleven-a.m. service at the Christ Church Cathedral, as well as the way other people were interacting and navigating around each space.
   Since I attended the dance concert first, I suppose I'll discuss that first. While I was unable to take notes or sketch here, I do vividly remember the whole night simply because I enjoyed every bit of it. Upon arrival, guests were either buying tickets or showing their already-purchased tickets, and then getting seated. I do recall a lot of interacting between the audience members before the show, during intermission, and at the end of the show; it was apparent that the guests attending the show generally all knew each other. I believe this is due to the location of the show, which was in the Fine Arts College, and I feel as though a lot of the students there were there in support of the performers. Along with this, the performances were fantastic; I'm not just talking about the dancing, though. The lighting throughout each routine was impeccable and fit each one emotionally through color and intensity. The music played also reflected the emotions of each piece and effected the audiences' reactions to what was happening on stage. Overall, the whole experience of the show brought the feelings of intrigue, excitement, and more.
   At the church service, I surprisingly felt very comfortable and welcome. I was greeted from the moment I walked through the door and asked if I needed any assistance when I was entering the chapel, and then led up to the balcony-like area to get a better view of the whole room. There were high-rising ceilings, bright electrical candelabrum fixtures along the walls, beautiful regal-like chandeliers hanging from the middle of the ceiling, and so much more! The feeling within the room was very comforting and warm, which I believe was a reflection of how the people occupying this space were feeling. It was nice to feel so much joy and love from people I'd never met before . . . and to feel it at a church service with so much strength behind it was phenomenal, especially for me since I've never been much of a church-going type of person. The whole experience had me almost in tears (of joy, by the way).
   The whole experience, from the dance concert to the church service, was a lovely learning experience and I honestly hope for more field visits like this because it feels like I'm broadening my knowledge even more. Going on field visits honestly helps me to better understand the content we're learning throughout the semester and to learn the process of finding things when I'm out on my own.

Below is an image of the sketches and notes I took from the Christ Church Cathedral service.

No comments:

Post a Comment