Thursday, February 16, 2017

Motif

Hello, everyone! Today, I'll be talking about my case study building: the High Museum of Art in Atlanta, Georgia. The motif within the interior of this location that I chose to discuss specifically is the wood flooring (as shown bellow). I was attracted to this aspect because it actually had a pattern and color that wasn't shown anywhere else throughout the rest of building unless it was a part of one of the art pieces. Now, to talk about what characteristics of the time are described through this motif.
   The overall craft of the time seems (based on this building) very clean and well-thought out, as well as structured. The labor of the time seems like it's probably very thorough also. Lastly, the industry of that time seems like it was going through some type of change considering the style of the museum as a whole.
Below is an image of the 8" x 8" I created to interpret the chosen motif.

No comments:

Post a Comment