Thursday, April 13, 2017

Unit 9 Summary

Hey, guys! Today, I'll be discussing my overall thoughts on Unit 9 and how it relates to Interior Design. I'll also include an image that helps to guide my point.
In Unit 9, the main topic revolved around representation, which has turned out to have a different definition depending on who you're talking to--which is actually kind of nice. This means that it's just one of those words that can be described in many different ways depending on how you observe it. For me, representation is that act of creating something in order to portray a specific idea or thought process. As an example, the Mike McKay exhibit in Singletary is a great portrayal of representation in my eyes. He's trying to convey a specific idea to help viewers understand and think about varying viewpoints. This, as a result, is what makes his design successful.
Below is an image from the Mike McKay exhibit.

No comments:

Post a Comment