Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Anthropometrics

Hello, everyone! Today, I'll be giving my personal example of an object that I believe is successful when considering human factors (basically, anthropometrics).
Looking back at all of the locations I've had to experience throughout not only this semester but the whole school year, I've come to the conclusion that a good example of successful consideration of human factors would be the huge metal casting in Columbus, Indiana. I don't quite remember the name of it or who designed it, but what I do know is that it's not just an interesting piece of art; it's an interactive sculpture. You can walk around and under it, sit around it, touch it, capture it in pictures/videos, etc. I'd like to think that it is a successful example of anthropometrics in the real world. Although you can't climb/walk on the piece, I'd still say it goes well with the application of human factors.
Below is an image of the casting in Indiana.

No comments:

Post a Comment