Tuesday, March 7, 2017

NYT Favorite Rooms

Hello, everyone! Today, I'll be telling you about a room that I saw on a list of popular rooms from the New York Times and why I chose it as my favorite. I'll be sure to include the link to the website as well as an image of the space.
   The room I chose gave me major Sherlock Holmes vibes, and I think that's what was pushing my interest in it. However, there are very interesting design factors that play a part in the overall composition of this room. Something that really attracted me to this room is the color scheme, which includes mostly grey-toned earthy colors but then this pop of violet and yellow. There's also a nice combination between hard/soft lines (along with points and curves in those lines) and rough/smooth surfaces. These things all add to the application of contrast, color, and line.

Below is the image of the room I chose as my favorite and the link to the website I got it from:












http://www.nytimes.com/slideshow/2016/12/26/t-magazine/best-rooms-design-faye-toogood-max-lamb-luca-guadagnino/s/best-rooms-slide-R2RX.html

No comments:

Post a Comment